An International brand with the name of Walls was founded in 1996 at London. The company is private limited with its headquarters at London, England and Richard Walls was founder of the company. Basically the company was producing ice-cream but after the merge Mattesson it becomes Mattesson Walls and starts to produce meat products as well. Ice-cream related products are owned by Unilever and the meat products are under the supervision of Kerry Group. In 1995 after the merger of Polka and Walls, Walls was introduced in South Asian country that is Pakistan and the merger is successfully running for the last seven years.
Statement of Marketing Goal
Production of the ice cream is done because it make people smile for some time and is what that really people like to eat and there is a huge scope of success in it so that’s why company focuses on the high class people to attain their attentions for there better sales and is trying to produce products according to the emotions and feelings of the customers that’s why they are working with the slogan of “feel good, look good and get more out of life”.
Walls SWOT Analysis
• Walls have the strong impact in the market in respect of its brand name and is the most profit generating unit of Unilever.
• The products produced by the company are of high quality which is hygienic for health.
• Packing adopted by the company is very attractive that really appeals the customer and company normally used to change it after some time.
• Latest technology is used by the company that enhances and speed up the work of the company.
• Concept of artificial flavoring and coloring is removed by walls.
• Although the concept of the company is to generate products for the upper class but usually ice cream is in the approach of all class of people so that observation about walls is affecting its image.
• Production of ice cream is sometimes affected by the weather hurdles which taken walls to the weaknesses.
• Some of the products prices are high in some ice cream flavors in respect to the competitors in the market.
• Children are the grand opportunities for the company so the company can try to provide wide range of ice cream flavors for the kids.
• As the wall is the unit of Unilever so walls can take the opportunity of it as it is known across the world.
• If there announces any multinational company for introducing ice cream then there is a great threat for walls because till now there doesn’t exists any tough competitor to walls.
• People who are conscious about health can claim about vegetable fats rather then milk fats.
Who are competitors?
There exist some competitors of walls in the market, namely;
Marketing Objectives for the Product
Marketing objectives of the company wall are planned strategically by
• increasing walls ice cream parlors in local areas,
• 10% increase in the volume of sales,
• positive growth of the company is to be maintained properly,
• New innovative styles of packaging are to be developed for enhancing the packaging.
Overall objective of the company is to increase its sales per year and to enhance the brand by emerging its competitor’s brands and work with the strong management that took step in success of the company. By generating such products that appeals the customer.
Strategic Objective for Every Primary Objective
The company is doing all of its planning strategically keeping in view all the aspects of the customers by providing its products occasionally or according to taste means that to attain the attention of the customers represents its goods like polka cups best for deserts and big three and choc bar products to entertain the children.
Target Market Segment
The company is most focused or in fact targeting the people who are status or brand conscious, children and the teenagers to whom such kind of things attracts more. Walls are also focusing on the people with high earnings with at least having income about more than 10,000. [sky]
Walls Marketing Mix
Products that are produced by the company are
• Ice creams like feast, choc bar, cornetto, big three, magnum and polka cup etc
• Meat products include meat pies and sausages.
Normally the prices of the products are different types of ice cream but usually its range is almost about from 5 to 30 rupees.
As the company is involved in the production of mainly two products i.e. ice cream and meat products, from which ice creams are served through out the world where as meat sells only in UK.
Promotion of the walls is done by doing advertisements through electronic media, bill boards, newspapers, TV, radio and also in respect of sales by discounting and giving incentives to its distributor, public and merchants.
In market, the company walls have mostly about 71% shares in the market which is known to be the back bone in ice cream units. A wall is trying to expand in the European countries especially Italy, Germany and France.
Market development of walls is done in respect of opportunity of merging the market, to increase its incomes and try to understand the people needs.
The company should serve according to the requirement of people in order to distinct the products from each other in the market section and target to develop the products in every segment.
Monitoring and Control
Some of the points must be kept in mind by the management of walls because these should be managed
• For cash requirement Company shouldn’t depends upon the credit facilities.
• Per year the loans should be paid off with the at least minimum amount of Rs 274 million.
• There should be a comparison on the monthly basis with the indication of 20%increase or more.
Annual growth rate of the walls company is almost about 13.37% but still walls is considered to be the best and its estimated sales in a year 2010 is almost about Rs 488 million.
• Official website. www.wallsproperfood.com. Retrieved on August 21, 2011.
• “wallspakistan.com”. Retrieved on August 20, 2011
• Unilever.com. Retrieved on 20 August, 2011.
• Yummy.com. Retrieved on August 18, 2011.