Posted on Tuesday, 23rd August 2011 by kasi
In April 01, 1976 an American multinational company introduces the industry of computer hardware, software, digital distribution and market consumer electronics which is known as Apple Inc. The company was founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wyne and headquartered in Apple Campus Cupertino, California, America. The company decides to do partnership with Nokia and after that made Nokia the biggest smart phone company across the world.
Statement of Marketing Goal
The main goals of the company are to work in a group across the world with the strategy of enhancement of the technological products and launched for the customers by the medium of distribution. All above that the main focus of the company is to extend its product globally for telecommunication, personal computers and technology oriented products.
Apple SWOT Analysis
• For the better or improved results of the company sales and products advanced technology can be used.
• The development sector as well as research departments are strong enough in their work.
• Trust is gained by the customers for the company’s brand quality.
• Great proficiency is done in the manufacturing of software and hardware by the company.
• Market shares of the company starts declining in front of its competitors like Microsoft etc.
• Except from the education and publishing field, the company doesn’t maintain its position.
• Incomes are depending upon the launch of the services and products rather then in focusing on the development of the products.
• Gradually the value of the company is becoming weak in the business sector because of its small production.
• Antivirus should be introduced by the company to decrease the virus on the PC’s which affects the position of the company.
• By introducing advanced version of laptops the company can seek the attention of the people.
• Try to maintain better relations with other companies for the long survival in the market.
• Strong competition is faced by the company especially in the production of laptops from Dell, Sony and Toshiba etc.
• The company may affect its reputation by increasing its unusual price level.
Who are competitors?
In the market there are different competitors in the different lines e.g.
• In PC makers Dell, Toshiba, Gateway and Allienware etc
• Networking of airlines includes Ciscor and Netgear etc
• In downloading and phone services black berry and Samsung etc.
Marketing Objectives for The Product
The company‘s marketing strategy includes several point that results in success that are
• A campaign should be introduced who approach the customers about the products for there excessive use.
• Improvement should be done in respect of brand name that should be about 60%.
• Per year sales and revenues are increased by 20 %.
Two most important objectives are followed by the company that is to remove the interruption of the middlemen and reduce the price of the product to sell them directly to the customers and to fulfill such objectives special strategies are planned by the company. The company is involved in the manufacturing of its own storage products and the computer accessories especially printers and projector. Company is also focused in the expansion of its network across the world.
Strategic Objective for Every Primary Objective
The company is working powerfully in the group in order to present the expertise by resulting in the products and introduces the production technology for the enhancement in the distribution of network.
Target Market Segment
The company is focused on almost every sector of society. The Company is involved in targeting the vertical markets but generally are experts in their work by using advanced technology and helps in the development of the company and with the help of whom the company is known in the international markets.
Apple Marketing Mix
With the passage of time the company keeps on improving and introducing enhanced products like iPod, Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, iLife, iWork, iOS and Mac OS X.
Although the prices are different for different products and they change variably, the prices mostly reached to certain level in market but not required for maintaining any economical position.
The company was done its expansion in Asia, the Middle East Europe, Africa and America. Apple is involved in the enhancement of its stores situated in UK, Canada and US and the ratio of its stores are about 200.
The company is generally known for its hard work for the promotion of its product which is done by marketing and advertisement by electronic media. The company is more focused on the relationship with the public and for every new product and services company mostly tries to update that for the customers.
America, Japan and Europe are the countries in which the company is comprises of different segment. The company is expanding by increasing its stores in Canada, America, Japan and UK.
Market development is implemented by the company in order to attain the attention of the customers and approach the employees with better skills from whom hard work, company leads to success.
Different strategical plans are implemented by Apple Inc. but for the expansion of the company they are engaged in new strategies like put forward the new version of desk tops, notebooks and mobile phone etc.
Monitoring and Control
Market prospect is focused by the company in order to compete with the companies just for the promotion of music products. So the company maintains the strategies for distribution of music products. For the stability in the market the company managed the prices and increases or enhances the features related to the products
The company is generating the revenue of almost about US$ 65.23 billion in the year 2010 and entertained with the profits of almost about US$ 14.01 billion in the same year of 2010. In 2010 the company experiences the sales of about US$ 43.00 billion.
• Official website www.apple.com. Retrieved on August 21, 2011
• Krueger, R. A. (1988). Focus groups: A practical guide for applied research. Newbury Park.
• Apple Computer, Inc. (2010-09-01). “Apple Reinvents iPod nano With Multi-Touch Interface”. Apple.com. retrieved on august 21,2011
• “Apple passes Microsoft to be biggest tech company”. BBC News online (BBC). May 27, 2010. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
• “Apple Launches iPad”. January 27, 2010. Retrieved August 21, 2011.
• “Apple’s New Headquarters Will Be Designed by Norman Foster Read more: Apple’s New Headquarters to be designed by Norman Foster”. Retrieved august 21, 2011.