A company was started at Alexandria, Spain for Spanish accessories and clothing by Rosalia Mera and Amancio Ortega in 1975 and is known as Zara. Its Zaras specialty and talent to produce a fashionable and new product in two weeks for that it is known as production with fast fashion. Now the company’s products are designed by proper group of designers in spite of doing independently.
Statement of Marketing Goal
The company has a goal to achieve $5 million as online revenue.Zara is focusing on the customer ship to achieve there level maintained by the management and also targeting on the lifestyle and moderation of the customers. For the change and to be different from others every month company changes the clothes in their stores.
Zara SWOT Analysis
• The company Zara develops the designs of its own instead of adopting or copying from the other retailers.
• At all the stores of the company comments are taken by the customers and are then it is followed by the company.
• Zara sells its commodities on its own stores instead of vendors.
• The designs made by the company are according to the fashion and if the product is not sold after a month then those clothes are discontinued for selling.
• Company manufactures the products at low cost in results of which sell it at very reasonable prices.
• No special advertisement plan is followed by Zara in result of which people doesn’t get awareness of its new products.
• Online strategy followed by Zara is very weak and orders are not taken online.
• Most of the products produced by brand Zara are similar with the competitor Hennes and Mauritz(H$M)
• As the company is doing its expansion in America, Africa and Asia which helps in promoting its brand name.
• If the company enhances its online services then the company experiences high sales.
• Because of the acquisition of different companies Zara enjoys its popularity in the international market.
• In global market Zara is suffering a lot because of its competitors like Hennes and Mauritz (H&M) and GAP.
• Shortage of losses and natural disasters are always the main threats faced by the companies.
• Because of the manufacturing of commodities in Spain, the company may raise the price level.
• Fluctuation in the currency of Europe is the problem in the success of the company as compared to others.
Who are competitors?
Zara is facing a very tough competition by the following;
• Hennes and Mauritz (H&M)
• Mark and Spencer (M&S)
Marketing Objectives for the Project
As for as the market is concerned, for the last few years it is going on constant changes along with the introduction of different concepts. Some of the merchants are selling their products at large profits, in this situation Zara provides its products with comparatively low prices which attracts the customers towards them.
Overall objective of Zara is to produce high quality products at a very reasonable price and sells them by its own stores that are located at the commercial places by offering very fashionable prices and up to date stock. The main concept of Zara is to offer the sales of about 58% men’s clothes, 22% of women and children with 20%.Another objective of zara is related to management, whom there’s given an open hand to take decisions at their own capability and independently.
Strategic Objective for Every Primary Objective
The strategy attained by Zara is to design products for countries with low cost and another totally opposite strategy maintained by the company is to spend money on the manufacturing of new products instead of spending them on advertisements.
Target Market Segments
Target segments approached by Zara are very vast because they are not focusing on the specific people for their products; it is just targeting the educated young people who wants to do fashion or have the idea of it but can’t afford it. The company is globally introducing the regular and fashionable products so that they are accepted by the customers.
Zara Marketing Mix
Zara manufactures the products like clothes, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for men, children and women, rugs are also a part of zara productions. At present company exceed the clothes with new sizes similar to Americans. Annually Zara produces almost about 11000 different products.[sky]
As the concept of zara was to provide its products to the less cost earning people so its prices are very reasonable that every person can afford that. The prices of zara are different for its different products.
Zara is present in almost about 30 countries and at private location of these countries there are 600 commercial stores but now Zara is selling its services through out the world.
Zara started campaigns in different countries with decency and simplicity to attract the customers, deals them with great manners to attain their loyalty. For the promotion of the company they start focusing on internet searches and spend more time on that because net is the best way to advertise in minimum cost.
The company is involved in the production at Galicia, Spain. Zara is selling its manufacturing goods almost about 50% in Spain, 20% in the countries of Africa and Asia and about 26% in Europe.
The company focused on the development by
• minimizing the hurdles occurred in market,
• try to enhance the brand value,
• do focus on the demand of the customers, and
• Have the strength to accept challenges.
Diversification strategy of Zara is based focused trough increase in the product line and to gradually head towards the places where it can establish its market. The addition of cosmetics is being planned along with the introduction of home line products.
Monitoring and Control
The company controls and monitors its brand strategically by keeping in view all the goals and objectives.mangement is working properly with effective communication skills that added new business models in the company.
Almost about $7.5 billion of income is received by Zara each year with increasing trends of sales and profits each year.
• Official website of Zara. www.zara.com. Retrieved on 20 august 2011.
• KPMG. (2003) . Trends im Handel 2005. Ein Ausblick für die Branchen Food, Fashion & Footwear.
• Cuc, S, Kanya H. (February 2006). “7S Modell- Case Study Dell”, Cluj Napoca.
• Mazaira Andrés, E. González, Ruth Avendaño. (Jul 2003 ).The role of market orientation on company performance through the development of sustainable competitive advantage: the Inditex-Zara case, Marketing Intelligence & Planning, Volume: 21 Issue: 4 Pp: 220 – 229.
• Porter, M. (1985). Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance, The Free Press, New York, NY.
• Steilmann, K. (1998). Beschleunigung – eine Modeerscheinung?In K. Backhaus & H. Bonus (Eds.) Die Beschleunigungsfalle oder der Triumph der Schildkröte: 133-147. Stuttgart: Schäffer-Poeschel.