Posted on Wednesday, 17th August 2011 by kasi
In 1894, the company was founded by Tomas Bata, for the generations whose family had been cobbler. During World War I, there found a fast expansion in the business and the company twisted to moderate manufacturing. It’s actually family based business and headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland. Bata Branded Business, Bata Metro Markets and Bata Emerging Markets are the three business units operated world wide by Switzerland. Tomas Bata wanted a strategy by which goods would be sold at very low cost so that maximum people can attain it.
Statement of the Marketing Goal
The companies perspective is that as Bata is the actually the shoemaking company and across the world company is paying its services and is known for reasonable prices with good quality footwear. The brand is dedicated in producing, providing and designing the fashionable commercial foot wears for its customers.
SWOT Analysis of BATA
• Batas financial position is very much strong through which different strategies are maintained by the company.
• A great image of the brand is attained by the customers who help in selling the goods at a comfort level.
• Different types of training facilities are given to employees and managers of the company for successful sales.
• Outlets of the company are easily available at different areas of the countries and they have selling network nationwide.
• Bata serves family package as all the members can attain the shoes from it.
• Sports shoes are present in the category of running, football, basketball and courts etc.
• No variety is found in enhancing the shoes in order to make them fashionable which attract the customers.
• Advertisement of the products is not done properly which directly affects the sales of the company.
• There’s no continuous approach in respect of leadership means that managerial functions are not properly done.
• About 5% decrease was found in the net sales of the company in some previous years.
• Company should develop any new medium to advertise its products for better results in future.
• Find out the markets where the competition level is minimum so to have improved sales.
• Try to implement some innovative ideas to make there product to look attractive.
• Company should try to do the acquisition of smaller companies for the expansion of there own business.
• Approach of the customers is changing day by day as with the change in style and fashion.
• Due to tough competition it has become necessary for company owners to cut down the prices.
• The company is unstable because of its political position that entirely affects the sales of the company.
• Economical position is a great threat for the development of the company which is a hurdle in promoting the products as well.
Who are competitors?
The well known and tough competitors of the brand are;
Marketing Objectives for the Project
Bata’s marketing objective is to achieve the level where its each category is in a position of 100% estimated business. The company aims that with the better management, development and implementation on innovative ideas according to the change in trends and fashion to attract the customers. The competitive strategy of the company holds its place in the international market.
The overall objective of the company is collection of shoes which have been improved a lot and is to maintained reasonable and attractive prices. The expansion of the business in order to cover maximum area and provide better quality and designs to customers is also part of it’s over all objective.
Strategic Objectives for Every Primary Objective
Bata’s approach is to focus on the middle and upper class to maintain better quality and also the price level neglecting the lower class because they mostly prefer local quality shoes. Bata is not interested in enhancing the brand because it believes on its better footwear reliability and the successful running brands of the company. .
Target Market Segments
Almost all the classes of customers are targeted by Bata as the company maintains a very strategic price-quality management. Their diversity of products and process have gained the name for the company’s brands in not only for kids but equally extended for women and men.
BATA Marketing Mix
The products that are made by Bata are BubbleGummers for children, Hush Puppies, Power includes athletic shoes, Marie Claire for women, Bata Industrial includes safety footwear etc
Prices of the goods produced by Bata are not fixed; in fact these are maintained strategically. Sometimes because of tough competition prices are declined to maintain the stability in the market.
Trade presence of the brand Bata is in almost over 50 countries and in 26 countries the company is performing and attaining the facilities of production.
Promotion strategy of Bata brand includes planning, implementation and communicating with the customers. The company is focused on the increase in the outlets and with doing limited advertisement. Limited advertisement includes promotional activities with some developed brands, posters and newspaper.
1. Market Penetration
Bata has well penetrated the national local markets as well as international markets emphasizing Europe, North Africa, and Asia in specific. The company has gained a reputable brands name in Singapore, Indonesia, India, Pakistan etc. The main strategy of the company towards national and international marketing is the price arrangements that are comparatively low for the newly introduces brands while, the established brands are reserved for company’s earning and profits.
2. Market Development
The market development of Bata is managed at three basic points that includes insurance of excellent user experience to the product user, the advancement in technical sector including research and development maintaining the product quality as well as the securing the hygiene perspective and excellence in product performance on the whole.
3. Diversification Strategy
The diversification strategy of the company is very simple that includes a strategic flow of three points that Stability, Growth and Maturity. The product when accepted by the market and gets the desired stability is enhanced through productivity maximizing its growth and ultimately getting it to maturity, which follows the knock out of these matured brands. .
Monitoring and Control
Bata is managed and controlled by two plant managers’ dhamrai and tongi that control the production which are supervised and controlled by director of production. The supply and planning manager control the production planning and material planning.
Basic earning per share of the company in 2010 was 6.70 and in the second quarter of 2011 it has increased up to 6.43.
• Official Website. www.bata.com. Retrieved on August 15, 2011.
• http://wn.com/Bata_Shoes. Retrieved on August 15, 2011
• “Bata-ville – We are not afraid of the future”: 2007 United Kingdom “Against the backdrop of economic regeneration, former employees of two now closed UK Bata factories are led on a unique journey through Bata’s legacy and across a changing Europe.”
• M, Moryama & Teshima. “Mtarch.com Bata Shoe Museum: Case Study.” Moriyama & Teshima. Norman Jennings. Web. 17 Oct. 2010.